What are skin conditions?
Skin conditions are abnormalities in the structure, color, texture, or overall appearance of your skin that can be embarrassing or even painful. Skin conditions range in severity from mild to severe and even dangerous in some cases. Treatment reduces bothersome symptoms, improves your skin’s appearance, and lessens the risk of complications.
What are the different types of skin conditions?
Fiore Dermatology can treat the following:
- Skin cancer: unusual skin changes containing cancerous cells
- Rosacea: red, inflamed skin
- Acne: pimples, whiteheads, and blackheads
- Eczema: dry, itchy, rough skin patches
- Warts: flesh-colored growths
- Psoriasis: itchy, scaly rash
- Melasma: skin discoloration
- Skin tags: fleshy growths that protrude from the skin
- Moles: brown, black, or skin-colored spots
- Cysts: sac-like pockets containing pus or other substances
- Seborrheic keratosis: noncancerous, dark skin lesions
- Actinic keratosis: dry, flaky, discolored skin patches
- Skin infections: infections of the skin that can spread
- Bug bites: red bumps, itchy skin, or irritation
- Keratosis pilaris: small, red, rough bumps or patches
- Vitiligo: loss of skin pigment
- Alopecia: hair loss
- Keloids: itchy, painful, or raised scar tissue
You might have more than one skin condition that needs treatment. The Fiore Dermatology experts have the experience to give you the clear, beautiful, healthy skin you deserve.
What are the common symptoms of skin conditions?
Symptoms of certain skin conditions include:
- Itchy skin
- Skin discoloration
- Discolored, unusual, or raised lesions
- Changes in the appearance of lesions
- Rough or dry skin
- Painful or unsightly pimples
- Acne scarring
- Splotchy skin
- Skin inflammation
- Pus-filled pockets
Because of possible skin cancer, see the Fiore Dermatology specialists at the first sign of new or unusual skin problems. Do skin checks periodically at home so you can detect skin conditions early before they become bothersome or problematic.
How does my provider diagnose skin conditions?
Your Fiore Dermatology provider examines your skin and reviews your symptoms and medical history to determine which skin conditions you may have. They might look at your skin under a microscope or take a sample of skin (biopsy) to use for lab analysis.
How are skin conditions treated?
The most common treatments for skin conditions include:
- Watchful waiting
- Topical medicines
- Oral medications
- Laser treatments
- Chemical peels
- Mohs surgery
- Other types of skin surgery
- Platelet-rich plasma (PRP)
Your Fiore Dermatology provider customizes each treatment plan.
To get treated for skin conditions, call the Fiore Dermatology office to schedule an appointment online today.